Fargo homeowners have the privilege of living in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Many of them find ways to take advantage of the area’s natural beauty with simple home renovations. One of the best ways to boost a home’s resale value and increase comfort is to add a deck.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t necessarily need a multi-level home for a deck; adding a deck to a single-story home can enable you and your loved ones to enjoy the outdoors in safety and comfort. Decks can also be beneficial to older homeowners or people with disabilities who love being outside but need even walking surfaces and stability.
Consider A Deck & These Great Benefits
Some of the best benefits of adding a deck to your home include:
- Increased resale value. Adding a deck can be a great investment if you ever decide to move; this amenity could be the make-or-break detail for a potential buyer or enable you to ask for a higher listing price.
- Boosted comfort. Decks are great for cookouts or just relaxing outside with the comforts of home close by. Homeowners can also find new ways to add to their decks with retractable awnings or even enclosed sunporches.
- Easy access to the outdoors. Some Fargo residents may love the outdoors but struggle with uneven yards or difficult terrain. A deck can add safe and functional outdoor walking space to any property.
- Increased space. A deck can effectively become an extra room of your home you enjoy during the nice weather. It can also become an ideal spot to store your grill, gardening supplies, or other outdoor items.
- Tremendous value. A deck can not only boost the aesthetic appeal of your home but also provide you and your loved ones with countless fond memories over the years.
Building a deck might seem like a difficult process, but it’s actually one of the easiest additions to any home. Once your contractor has your deck drawing complete and the building site prepared, it may only take a day or two to complete construction.
Custom Decks From SJS Carpentry
If you’re interested in adding a deck to your home, the experienced team at SJS Carpentry can help you design and build the deck of your dreams. Our team has experience working on all different types of homes, with all kinds of materials, and with various constructions. Whether you want a simple flat deck with a railing or a multi-level deck complete with staircases, we can help.
SJS Carpentry strives to help Fargo homeowners enjoy their homes and increase the value of their properties with high-quality work. We can help you select the best design choices to enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of your home and your deck. We will use safe and effective building techniques through every phase of the project. Our team can also help you select sustainably-sourced building materials and choose the ideal construction type for your property. We can even help you determine the best accessories and additions, like awnings, partial walls, attached doorways, or enclosed staircases.
If you’re thinking of adding a deck to your home, call SJS Carpentry today to schedule an appointment.